Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day Three

Day Three 9/6/08

Collecting today was a wet and rainy affair. It rained, and rained, and rained…literally all day. I think it stopped for maybe an hour while we were having lunch, go figure I also discovered my raincoat needs new waterproofing. More cemeteries and some houses this time. We saw one house with about five of the cutest puppies running around in the mud, I wanted one sooooooooo soooo bad! Found lots of mosquitoes and finished even more ahead of schedule than planned.

Today I also felt the first inklings of homesickness…not too much, just that I know if we don’t stay busy it will be hard. I think the hardest part is experiencing all these things that you guys aren’t, and I can only try to explain and take pictures (although with the rain today, that didn’t happen so much, I don’t think my duct taped camera would withstand the downpour) Oh, and it wasn’t just raining, it was pouring!!!

Hopefully I will have more to say tomorrow, I’m tired and don’t have a lot of time to post this.

Love,

Megan

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan- what an interesting experience! So, do you give each other high fives when hitting the mother lode? Bring back lots of memories! Congrats on the speech- you're amazing! Love you lots, Mom and Dad

mcassidy25 said...

Thanks Mom and Dad:) It was nerve racking, but good because I figured out how my project fits in with Lauras!

Caley said...

I picture a scene not unlike those from "Most Dangerous Catch" on the discovery channel when they pull up lots of crab... except with mosquitoes. Lots of whooping and hollering :)

mcassidy25 said...

:) We go, "Yes! The mother load!"