Saturday, January 30, 2010

DAY OFF!!!

To Do Today on my Day Off:

-Listen to Weekend Edition/Car Talk/Wait Wait Don't Tell Me (would be easier if they weren't doing a fund drive and making me feel like a horrible person! I swear I'll be a sustaining member as soon as I'm sure I have enough funds to sustain myself!)

-Drink my coffee slowly (microwaving multiply times if necessary) and relish the homemade pancakes Caley so kindly created before he went on his bike ride.

-Perhaps get outside for a bike ride, perhaps just a commuter ride to the store...and maybe downtown

-Purchase thank you cards, and write in them.

And...that's about it. I would go get a notarized copy of my passport for the teacher licensing program application, but I don't think the notary is there on Saturdays. I would also call the insurance company again, but they are definitely not there on Saturdays. What about FedEx? Are they there on Saturdays? I think so...they left a note saying they'd be back for three more consecutive days on Wednesday, but they haven't come back yet, so not sure what's going on there.

Anyway, last night was the Letter D! I made daiquiris! Strawberry, Mango, and ManBerry (strawberry and mango together if that wasn't clear). I LOVE the new cookbook Caley got for Christmas! It has a whole section on cocktails, and we've made several incredible dinners out of it including Hoison Glazed Salmon on a bed of bokchoy sauteed in garlic and ginger. Simply delicious! The homemade pancakes this morning were out of it as well, buttermilk I believe (although, we don't have buttermilk, and I'm not sure what the substitution was because I was still in bed). Other dishes in attendance were: homemade donuts from Erick and Julia, rotisserie "duck" (actually chicken, from Sunflower, which I made earlier that day...) from Trevor, dark chocolate covered almonds from Adam, deviled eggs from Kelly and Aaron, dirt and worms (chocolate pudding and gummy worms and oreos) from James and Mia, doritos of course from Alex, feta and red pepper Dip, and some other delicious things I am forgetting.

Here we are watching the Roomba in action
The Epic game of Jungle Speed (crazy French card game that always draws blood)
And us, after everyone left at a beautifully decent hour of 11:30pm, I like chill parties, I enjoy going to bed before midnight!

By the way, you might notice the improved quality of photos! Thanks to Caley's Auntie Marie for the new lenses! They were a BIG upgrade!

One last picture, yesterday I rode my bike to work at 7:30 in the morning, it was a super foggy day, everything was frosted, it was a lovely invigorating ride! Then I did a double shift and didn't leave until 7pm...that was not invigorating.





No comments: