Thursday, January 21, 2010

This is what I do with my mornings, at least for the time being....











Hopefully today I'll get a job though! Stay tuned for the full update later this evening, keep fingers crossed for good news!

Ok, update time: To date, my list of attempts to get a hold of the substitute coordinator include, 2 phone calls with two voice messages left, 2 emails, 1 visit to her office where I was turned away by the front desk lady, never even made it through the door. I have been informed that there is no possible way to attend the LAST substitute orientation for this school year. There is apparently a slim possibility that there will be one in the spring...but not in time for there to be any actual subbing done obviously. My strategies for trying to weasel my way in include, showing up just in case someone else doesn't show up, emailing all the science teachers in the district for an endorsement or something, or getting on a list at the very least so I can be contacted if someone cancels! The response to these strategies? (mind you, this is only from the front desk lady, the substitute coordinator has not responded to any of my inquiries, at all) WE DON'T DO IT THAT WAY. Point blank. No sugar coating it, no sorry...more in the lines of , "She's already had 12 this year..." To me, this suggests that she thinks I am a lazy, spoiled, slacker or something. NOT TRUE!!!! My thinking on this subjects remains, what harm is there in me just showing up in case??? I understand that they lack space and resources or whatever their reasons are, but wouldn't someone not showing up be a waste of that space and those resources????? I'm sooooooo frustrated!!!!!! I put sooo much into this process, and even obtained two letters of recommendation from two wonderful sources, and you all know how hard it is for me to ask for this kind of stuff......PLUS, I got word today that my actual license has been issued and is active and valid for another three years :( I'm super bummed that this isn't working out for me. I'm more just pissed off that the substitute coordinator isn't showing me the common courtesy of calling or emailing me back, even if it's just to say that none of this is possible :( grrrrrr grrrrrraoinaweofija efoiaew[i so frustrated!!!! It makes me not want to work for Poudre School district at all if this is the kind of treatment I can expect from them.

So, I'm thinking about going down to Greeley for their sub orientation which is next Thursday and doesn't require a reservation, and doesn't require letters of reference (at least at this point). However, if I get a job at Sunflower Farmers Market, I might not even be able to go down to do that! I guess I could just ask for that day off (and Feb. 6th for defensive driving...) I won't know about Sunflower until Monday though, so maybe a miracle of miracles will happen and I'll hear back from Poudre District. Doubtful.

I am pretty excited about Sunflower though. It sounds like I would probably get full time hours, starting at $8/hr which isn't bad...but isn't great...so perhaps supplementing with one day a week substituting or working down at the club might help with that. Plus, you get 20% off at the store on non-sale items, and benefits after working there for awhile. It's the perfect job for where I am right now (less perfect that subbing...but oh well...) It will definitely pay the bills and save us a ton on groceries! Fingers crossed!!

I'll let you know what happens:)

No comments: