Saturday, January 16, 2010

Last Day Blues

Well, vacation has come to an end. Today we pack up and head back to winter in CO. I have mixed feelings of course. I absolutely can't wait to get home, we've been away for almost a month! However, going home means I have to go back to the real world...the world where I'm pretty much unemployed, the world where bills need to be paid, dishes need to be done, laundry piles up, and I have to figure out what exactly it is I'm doing with my life! At least I've got a head start on cycling fitness for the spring/summer season! My goal is to commute by bike every day that the weather allows, and it's getting lighter later, so it should be even easier than it was 2 months ago! As Caley said, "Two hours of commuting a day is more bike riding than you've ever done in your life!" Haha, it's totally true:) Another goal is to be super fast in the USAC races to show T.W. (The Whore) that she wouldn't have been able to beat me if I raced for CSU this season! It's a great motivator.

Anyway, pic of me at Paradise Bakery and Cafe...my choice instead of getting my butt kicked at the super fast group ride the boys are doing this morning:)

3 comments:

Emily said...

T.W. hehehe

David LaBurglier said...

who's "the whore?"

mcassidy25 said...

If you truly wish to know, here's the story-ish. I'm sure you know her well enough to get her version. Just know that most of it will be lies :) The more sordid details were not published via the grand ole internet.

http://megansgrandadventure.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-to-say.html

http://megansgrandadventure.blogspot.com/2009/10/wonderful-weekend.html

http://megansgrandadventure.blogspot.com/2009/10/life-happenings.html

And, just so we're clear, since apparently this rumor was flying around. I did NOT quit school because of said whore. The whole business was, however, the catalyst that made me realize how unhappy I was in graduate school. There's always a silver lining I suppose.