Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Working Girl

Hello All,

Today is my day off, and tomorrow will be as well!!! I am conflicted though, because this week I only have 31 hours... not enough to support my lifestyle. Which, by the way, is not extravagant in the least. I must admit, I broke down and got that hair care product I was craving. BUT I got it on the internet for $13 and free shipping! That is better than over $25 +shipping or, around the same amount at a local store with no shipping....internet shopping is something I have avoided because it's so darn easy, and fun, and would most likely drain my limited funds away.

Anyway, I feel justified somehow....it is February, and according to my friend, Emily, February is an evil month. She is allowed to do anything she wants in February to try to make it better. Drink beer everyday, eat chocolate to her hearts content, donuts, not feel guilty about staying at home in long johns all day, whatever it may be. Once March rolls around, the decadence stops, but anything to get through February! I can vouch for this theory, I am starting February with a cold...to combat it, I am sleeping at least 16 hrs a day and raiding the fruit bowl for oranges and tangelos and bananas.

In other news, our friends Brian and Tracy had their baby!!!!! His name is Kai Theodore Holcombe and he is the cutest little baby ever! I can't wait to meet him! We decided not to go over during visiting hours the other day because of my stupid cold...might be rude to challenge the little guys immune system just yet.

I suppose that's it for now, I don't have any pictures, life is kind of uneventful at the moment. OH! I almost forgot, Caley is going to be writing for VeloNews this spring!!! He is going to be a collegiate correspondent for their online magazine! I'm so proud:) Anyone who knows anything about cycling will know that this magazine is The cycling magazine!!! Hopefully this will turn into an internship and then a job??? That would be super cool!!!! You can check out their website HERE. Congratulations hon!!! :)

I lied, here's a picture of me hangin' in my longjohns, hangin' in them makes me happy.

No comments: