Sunday, January 24, 2010

The New Job!

Well, I have two days under my belt, and I can definitely say, this job is going to teach me to be the best multitasker ever!

I am working in the deli for now, they said something about me being trained for the bakery and possibly cashier as well, but I haven't heard anything more about that yet. I wouldn't mind being in the bakery once in awhile, I don't think they deal as much with customers, just baking :) The customers have actually been really nice. I like when people smile at my weird sense of humor, and I don't have a problem being cheerful all day, go figure eh? I think it's because I don't have time to go into blood sugar debt, literally, there is no time to even think about anything except the next dish to prepare, or the next customer to help. I can't believe how busy it was today! For the last three to four hours, there was a customer at the counter pretty much constantly. As the newbie, I can cover most of this pretty well, learning how to make all of the prepackaged dinners and lunches and stuff will take awhile longer. My ONLY complaint so far is the hours on my feet! I've been wearing my skins, and tried out some more supportive shoes today (first day was tennis shoes, they seem a little worn out...) and that seemed to help. However, I see a lot of leg rubs in Caleys' future:) I'll reciprocate of course, bike riding is hard too :)

By the end of the week, I'll be at around 33 hrs, so not quite full time, but to work another day would be pretty brutal. I think I'll just try to supplement with some hours down at the club helping them with their filing stuff. I'm still pretty bitter about the substitute stuff not working out :( Oh well, next school year I'll be all set to go and sign up for the first orientation they have!! I also want to keep riding my bike a decent amount. It will be hard to motivate after work, but as it gets lighter later hopefully I can just suck it up and do it!

Here is a pic of me on my first break yesterday :) I look kind of dorky :)









And here's one of how we spend our evenings; I am on the couch and yell, "What are you doing in there?" Caley replies from the kitchen, "Oh, just reading primary documents and stirring fudge." I'm excited for the fudge!

No comments: