Wednesday, October 29, 2008






Sunday seems kind of like a dream. I've never seen a longer line in my entire life! I heard roughly 50,000 people showed up to the Oval to see Senator Obama, and 100,000 showed up in Denver that morning, Obama's largest crowd yet!!!! Wow, makes me proud to live in Colorado, we are SO going blue this year!!!! Speaking of which, I turned in my ballot yesterday, and it felt great!
Anyway, I showed up around 11am to get in line, luckily I had some friends already waiting, so by the time we finally go in at 2:30, we were pretty close to the front, I could see his head through the forest of shoulders:) Basically he covered most of the stuff we've heard on t.v. and radio and such, but I really felt like he was speaking to the students and the young people. I have to admit, when he started talking about how we are the future of the country and we all have to work together to get through the tough times we have ahead of us, I started to tear up (and spill over...) just a little bit. I was talking with a coworker of mine yesterday about the experience and how, to me, it's not what Obama might actually accomplish as far as policies go (which I actually believe he will accomplish a lot) it's more the fact that he has united and energized so much of the country and especially those in my demographic. It can't be up to the government and the president alone to change this country for the better, we all need to do something about it, and I truly believe Barack Obama is the man to lead us in that direction. He is the only politician that has ever made me care about the issues and politics in general, and that started at the DNC in 2004! I saw him speak on a big screen at our local independent film theater, and I couldn't believe the impact this unknown senator from Illinois had on me. So, needless to say, if he loses by some unGodly disaster, I will move to Europe, I swear.
ciao,
Megan

No comments: