Friday, October 17, 2008

Finally Friday

Well, the week from hell is over. I think I managed to pull of B's in both my exams...not true of the stats homework, but what can ya do?
Caley and I are headed to the coffee shop tonight for a "ballot date":) We are going to fill out our mail-in ballots, and hang out and just relax from this crazy week. I'm still feeling discouraged about my program and school and all that...but I think it's going to get better starting next week. I am meeting with one of the guys in the lab to go over how to do DNA isolations again, and hopefully I can just crank through them. I will eventually have around 500 or so adult mosquitoes to get DNA from, and then I'll have around 10-15 SSCP gels to run. The gels won't take too long...but I don't know how to develope them yet, hopefully Scott can help me out with that.
I'd also like to listen to This American Life tonight...and clean the house a little....ALSO, this weekend is the WILD GOOSE MASQUERADE BALL. I'm debating whether or not to go. Caley refuses, which actually makes me sad. Waltzing is so easy, and it would make me so happy...but I can't force him to go...I hate going dancing by myself these days. I always used to go by myself and it wasn't a big deal, but that was before I had a built in partner! Gah! Oh well, someday he'll go, and have so much fun he'll be hooked:)
Have a great weekend everyone, and Happy Birthday again to Caitlin!!
ciao,
Megan

No comments: