Monday, October 6, 2008

Already October...Crazy!

What a lovely weekend in Durango! It really hit me this trip, I love Durango, and I would really love to spend some more quality time there doing all the things I love to do! Durango has it all (except for a nightlife...not like we ever really go out or do anything downtown anyway....).
The race on Saturday went well, I didn't get lapped, and didn't get pulled! Totally accomplished my goals:) After the race, we all hung around to watch the rest of the short track, and Amanda, Fuzzy and I pre-road the xc course. It was a beautiful partly cloudy day, and you get an incredible view of town going around the rim trail. I did decide not to race the xc the following day, I'm sooooo out of shape, it's frustrating, but I don't mind too much at the moment. I'm looking forward to nordic season, Caley and I have committed to doing one race, and I'm just excited about skiing a lot more than I have the past couple of years.
Saturday afternoon was the downhill competition, and the dual slalom. We watched some of both, the dual slalom was lame, and the downhill looked like a lot of fun, but totally out of my league in some spots. It started to rain during the dual slalom and didn't really stop until morning; lots of mud meant we didn't even have the option of racing the cross country the next day. We got an early start home and stopped on Kenosha Pass to ride on the Colorado trail. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! The aspens were at their peak, and in some places the leaves coated the trail like a beautiful golden carpet. I'm hoping Mike posts some of his pictures soon so I can put some of them up here.
Oh, forgot to mention, it snowed on Wolf Creek!!! Probably about 4-5 inches, enough that they had plowed...just wet when we went through, but some kids were already out building a jump at the top. Wow, I am sooo excited for winter!!!!
Well, better go, I have to go to the store and buy some fajita makings...yum:)
ciao,
Megan

No comments: