Monday, June 25, 2012

So Much Bike Riding!

I haven't ridden my bike this much in years! Seriously!  It's awesome :)  The legs are toast today after a 13 hr week (actually 3 days) and I feel like I've earned a day to sit in the coffee shop and get some work done for my fellowship and maybe even a little school stuff...or maybe I'll wait a little longer before diving back in...
Two days ago, Caley and I went on a totally epic 5+ hr day.  Proof:


The only thing that got me through was the thought of a swim in the lake and a big juicy hamburger!!  We filled both cravings, ending up a nice little cafe to watch the Euro 2012 France vs Spain game.  We also discovered the Noctibus (late bus) which means we can stay downtown later than 9pm without having to walk home! Yay!

Photos and video from the ride up Glieres:


Yesterday Caley and I climbed up le Semnoz, a big hill right outside of Annecy. There is a little ski area at the top, and they have nordic in the winter as well!  Talk about a stunning 360 degree view of the Alpes.  I felt like we were somewhere near Aspen or Vail, it felt that alpine, and there was a delicious cold breeze at the top.  Caley gave me a very misleading estimate of where the top of the climb was....a couple of times....as the videos show you, I was soooooo tired from the day before, and barely crawling up the hill :)


Tomorrow Caley heads to the Tour! It won't start until July, but he is going to a couple product launches before hand, and I will be here in Annecy.  My plan is to keep riding enough so that when Caley gets back and we head down south for another adventure, I will kick his butt up Mt Ventoux! (hahahah, right, not in a million years)


No comments: