Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cafe Sitting

Cafe sitting is so quintessentially French, I have been sitting in a cafe all day, and do not feel the least bit French.  I do not have a gaggle of friends, no cigarette dangling from my fingers, and I am the weird one on a laptop.  Caley and I have discussed this numerous times, how is it, that Europe has not caught on to the internet?  I can't decide if they have it right, and we Americans sitting in our own isolated worlds typing away, updating twitter and facebook are willingly destroying our own society. Or if they (the Europeans) are just living in an outdated backwater.  I do believe Americans have perfected the concept of a coffee shop, they just don't exist here (at least that I have found, and I'm very new to the whole continent...)

What they lack in internet and coffee, they more than make up for in picturesque scenes, fashion, and general joie de vivre.  I hope some of all of that rubs off on me!

Last night I went on 2hr ride, on the bike path!  I felt kind of silly at first, but this is no ordinary bike path, it goes forever!  I ended up in a whole other town!  Though I must admit, I still felt strange all kitted out for a bike path ride....I can't wait for Caley to be home next week so we can do more actual rides up in the hills.  I was feeling less than adventurous totally on my own for the first time.

Here are some photos from today and yesterday!


Tomorrow I head to Venice to meet up with Caley!  I can't wait, Venice is on my "bucket list" and always has been!!  Can't believe we are spending a few days there!

No comments: