Saturday, June 30, 2012

Occupying Myself

The past few days, Caley has been out of town for pre Tour, and then le premier jour de la Tour de France au jour'dui!!  Pardon any misspelled Franglish...that's how I get by :)

I've been trying to get out on my bike, and so far I've only taken two days off, I think...I'm not sure, the days kind of melt together, I'll probably be shocked when Caley walks through the door next week, thinking he was going to be gone longer or something.

My first big ride this past week took me up to awesome climbs, the first gave me stunning views of the lake and all the para sailors, the second was up one of our favorite roads with beautiful luscious switchbacks.  My second big ride took me up to the top of Semnoz which we've ridden before, but came up the other way, it was suuuch a long climb and very hot in the sun, almost ran out of water!  So I treated myself to some gelato and an espresso at the restaurant at the top.

One night I hiked up the hill by our house and stumbled upon a little jazz concert!  Sooo cool, and a very pretty setting.


Other than that, I've been hanging out at the lake some, and there is always a ton going on :)  So many people!  Annecy is quite the tourist attraction, for good reason.


No comments: