Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ressurection!

French Internet is a fickle, almost mythical creature. You must sneak up on it in random bar/cafes and set up meetings with shady telecom technicians who never actually show up...but, I hope to update this blog more regularly over the summer so interested parties may keep track of our adventures! The past two months have been full of excitement and happenings in the Cassidy-Fretz household! Caley took off for the giro in early May leaving me with just a little bit of packing and moving left to do, that of course actually turned out to be waaaaayy more packing and moving than anticipated. I spent the last two nights before the first up until at least 1am which made for very interesting days at school... But in the end it all worked out and I think we'll get our security deposit back!

 The last week of my school year was spent in the spare room of. Caitlyn and Zack Vestal who were the most gracious hosts ever! We even got out for a ride around red rocks and a run on the apex trail. Sebby never quite adjusted to being in the same house as another cat, oh good, we'll never become crazy cat people :)

 My next adventure was visiting my favorite sister at her new home in Hyde Park New York! I had a 12hr layover specifically designed to drop off the Kitty and visit Caitlin before heading over the pond. It was an amazing day and hopefully I can figure out how to post pictures via the mobile platform because I have some really good ones from that afternoon!



 The next adventure entailed a weekend in aix le Bain for a magic wheel press launch with Caley. I spent a good portion of it asleep but did sit one person away from David Millar at dinner! Next was on to our new home in Annecy le vieux! We've basically been running around trying to figure out Internet and checking out the local markets getting dinner with journalist friends before they head back to their respective countries and devoutly wishing for the rain to be gone! We finally got out for an amazing ride this afternoon and it was sooooo awesome! Hoping to get out for a long one tomorrow!

No comments: