Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Already?

You know the thing that pops up below where you're typing a title with stuff you've already written..a lot of mine have to do with being surprised it's Monday again, or sad it's Monday again, lots of those. Needless to say, time flies both when you are having fun, and when you have lots to do and don't necessarily have the time to do it in! I am sitting down for my first break (besides a 50min lunch) for the day since 6:30am!!! I will describe the scene for your benefit: alarm goes off at 6:30am, I lay there until about 6:45 before I get panicky because I have to print off about 20pgs of notes before class and want to take a shower and have breakfast. So, get up (Caley still sound asleep, lucky) go print stuff which takes longer than anticipated so I have a five minute shower, pack a breakfast to go, and grab a coffee at Starbucks on my way to the office to pick up a folder I need for my 8am class. Get to class with about two minutes to spare, and sit through a two hour lecture on statistics. The last 20min of class were really intense today as well, he was flying through some important programming instructions and that is usually right about the time everyone is kind of dozing off because we've been there for so long. Then I have 10min to get to my next class where I'm having an exam. Spanish exams aren't that comprehensive or long, but still stressful, and I still can't always tell the difference between when to use Ser and Estar (two "to be" verbs). Then head home for lunch, salad and cuddling with Sebby, then back to work where I've been ever since. And, I've actually been doing lot's of lab work, no lazing around waiting for PCR's to be done, no sir, this is go go go, make giant gels, run 96 well PCR's, clean up all the lab equipment, make more reagents for later. The rest of the week looks to be about the same as well. Unfortunately, the one set of DNA's that I need (and Dr. Black keeps asking about) I don't have enough of. I think I'm going to see if anyone else in the lab has extras from some other project. I know they've used this site before, so there should be some around. I only need 50.

Sorry about all the science jargon and weird terms. I forget sometimes that it's taken me about 5 years to get to this level of understanding of the language of science, and others shouldn't be expected to follow it. Although, I do wish more of my friends had any sort of clue what I'm talking about when I talk about what I do at work and with my life. Cycling can get old sometimes...I know that was just sacrilege...

I need a snack...
-Megan

2 comments:

Caley said...

"cycling can get old sometimes"

I'm not sure we can be friends anymore!

I think you need a back rub tonight sugarsnugglekins

mcassidy25 said...

:) i think that sounds wonderful