Thursday, January 22, 2009

Almost the weekend!

Already I can feel the momentum building behind this semester! I got an email from my colleague down in Mexico, she needs information from me about my project. I still don't feel like I have enough to give her what she needs, but if I can put in some good work the next few days and get some big gels going next week, then I'll probably have a better idea of where the project will be going, at least some more specific information that the general stuff we've already talked about. I think Dr. Black must be out of town or something because he hasn't been in today, and I don't think he was in yesterday.
Also, I am signed up for a group presentation about an antibacterial drug, Vancomycin, for Feb. 12th, I have a Spanish exam on Feb. 2nd and a big stats homework due next week. Geez! Way to get right into it. Although, after my first stats lecture, I'm actually kind of looking forward to the semester because the professor is soooooooo SOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOO much better than the last semesters prof. I just wish we'd had my current teacher last semester to get the foundation I need for this semester! Oh well, but I'm determined to get an A this time around.
The knee still hurts from CA, Caley and I figured it's probably because I have new shoes and a different cleat position and riding in that new/bad position for 7.5hrs. We went for a great mtn bike ride yesterday, but I definitely felt the knee and need to keep resting it for awhile. I'm bummed because we are still having summertime weather here in FoCo, a high of around 66 again today! I think I'll take up yoga at the rec center. Classes are free this week, and if I can get out of the officer meeting early tonight I'll go to the 6:45 class. I've also been icing poor knee today at work, feels good every couple of hours to pull out the pack and "chill out". :)
Still left to do today: start two PCR's with my new found protocol and primers, buy Spanish books, clean up what Caley didn't get to at the house (although he did a great job on the living room judging from his picture text earlier) and get a start on my stats homework if at all possible, or read some more literature about my project so I can send something at least to the people in Mexico. Like I said, momentum is building!
Wish me luck!
-Megan

No comments: