Sunday, November 30, 2008

Food Edition

Another lovely waffle breakfast at Uncle Kevins this morning. A few family friends were there as well which always makes for lively conversation. Speaking of food...I made the most delicious fish last night! We've been going through this old Food and Wine magazine, they have a little fold out with a bunch of easy summery, Italian-inspired dishes. Last night was cod (supposed to be halibut but that was $20 a lb at Whole Foods...) pan seared and then baked for a few minutes with a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, capers, fresh chopped oregano, and grape tomatoes. It was served over a bed of baby spinach and was absolutely amazing! If I do say so myself...I like these recipes also because they can usually be cooked using only one pan! This one required an extra pan because we don't have an oven safe skillet, but still, very neat and easy! I've decided balsamic vinegar is a great thing to go with fish especially if you don't want to use a lot of butter for flavor.
Now we're at Cafe Ardour, a cafe downtown that is known for its dedication to locally grown and organic foods and coffee. Very cool little place, slightly too respectable for the grungiest of the hipsters, so it still has a nice, not-too-annoying atmosphere. Anyway, I'm supposed to be working on homework, so I should go. I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS BREAK!!! And I'm sad Thanksgiving is over:(
ciao,
Megan

No comments: