Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Hello Everyone! And Happy Thanksgiving! I am sitting in the new addition to Aunt Erins living room, I love the big windows here that let in the thin, cold, prairie sun in the morning. I'm listening to NPR on my laptop and waiting for all the sleeping boys to wake up and come play! There was a huge terrorist attack yesterday and today in Mumbai, the financial capitol of India. It's so weird to think of the places in the world who are, as I write, full of bloodshed and turmoil. The least of my own worries right now include where I should go look for a blanket because my toes are cold. How bizarre is that?! I guess we here in America really do have a lot to be thankful for. I only hope that more and more of our population will realize how lucky we really are.
Dinner last night consisted of delicious salad a la Aunt Erin, and delicious pizza a la some pizza shop downtown who's favorite ingredient is the green chile...SPICY!!! Plus Uncle Kevin brought some delicious Odells beer, Dad chipped in some Ska brews and we all had a lovely visit.
Grandma Helen is on the front page of the news paper this morning! Apparently she was helping out at a soup kitchen or something getting turkeys ready for today. So cute! She said the newspaper took a bunch of pictures, and I say, since she was obviously the cutest old lady, so they used her!:)
I miss you Caitlin!!!! And Mike is an older man who works in my lab....

No comments: