Saturday, October 31, 2009

Progress!

I have an interview scheduled for Tuesday!! The job search is going well I guess you could say:) The interview is for the Clean Water Action group for a position as a "community organizer". I am following in President Obama's footsteps! :) It pays well, about what I'm getting now, and the hrs are from 2pm to 10:30pm M-F which would give me a chance to train in the mornings! I guess we'll have to wait and see what it's all about on Tuesday, but it seems like a neat little interim job that would look good on a resume and is totally different from what I've been doing for the past 5.5 years, which is good. Click here to go to the website!
I've also applied to Whole Foods, Sunflower Farmers Market, and today I'm going to attempt one of the government jobs I feel kind of qualified for...a term job of "biological technician". It's limited to two years, and pays about 2x's what I was making as a grad student. Might be a nice change :)
In other news....Caley and I are slowly recovering from a bout of Swine Flu! Not a fun week and a half. Coughs are still lingering, but we both feel so much better, and might even attempt a bike ride tomorrow!

Fort Collins got about 2 feet of snow this past week as well! However, today temps are already soaring over 50degrees, and most of the snow is gone! Crazy CO weather!

Click here for some photos of us at City Park!

Being an "adult" is going ok so far, hopefully I'll find employment soon!

-Megan

No comments: