Monday, November 2, 2009

And it Begins!

Yesterday Caley and I joined the team group ride up Rist Canyon for our "1st" training ride of the winter season! I stuck with the group until the canyon started...right around the dirt road they started to pull away. I then did my best to keep the other stragglers in sight, yet at the same time settling into my own pace that I knew I could hold up the canyon. About 5 minutes below the mailboxes my blasted knee started to hurt again! Same one that crapped out in Santa Barbara, same place, everything, BOO. So, I stopped at the mailboxes and turned around to head home. Caley caught up to me at the bottom of the canyon and we rode home together. A few weeks ago, Caley borrowed my seat post, and I put it back not paying that close of attention to where he had marked it...so, we adjusted, and the knee immediately felt better! Hopefully this does the trick. In the meantime I am icing and doing all the right things because I would be soooo pissed if this kept me off the bike any longer than I already have been!!!!
In other news, I have applied to two positions at REI, and I would be soooo psyched if they contacted me for an interview and I got to work there!!! Check out there job website here...it looks totally awesome!!! I still think that I'll take the community organizer job if they offer it to me, just so I have a job for the next month while I continue to look for one with better hours!

-Megan

2 comments:

Connor O'Malley said...

You have a blog? How technological of you...

mcassidy25 said...

It's true! I'm so tech savvy :) Hope you are doing well!