Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wonderful Weekend!

Epic bike racing by all this weekend in Grand Junction at the conference finals for collegiate mountain season! The team took home many individual medals, and 3rd place in the conference overall! (darn it, if we could only get more girls on bikes!!!) I had a great time driving the van, visiting with everyone, riding around on my cruiser at the short track, and most of all, WALKING ON MY OWN TWO FEET WITH NO CAST!! That's right people, I'm back, and will perhaps be better than ever at some point in the near future:) I've convinced myself that training starts this week!! My plan, of course, is to take it slow, start out on the trainer so I'm not too far away from home if it does start to hurt or something. Caley has refused to let me race cyclocross on Tuesday (meany head...) but I'm sure he's right. I probably shouldn't be hopping on and off the bike and running to leap over inanimate objects...
I'm still bummed I have to miss mtn bike nationals out in Truckee, but I'm excited enough about starting to train again that I think I can get over it :)

Picture of the team after the races today! (girl in the red jacket in the front row is Brenna, the one who went to track nationals...)



and a good one of Caley :)

No comments: