Sunday, May 3, 2009

Beautiful Sunday Morning!

I love the days I can get up and do what I have to do and start the day on a positive note. Today was one of those days! I woke up early (around 6:45) then snoozed until the alarm went off at 7:30. Dashed off to work in the glorious sunshine with rain still clinging to the grass and leaves with that amazing after rain/morning smell. The worms were out, that's how green and glorious it was out there :)
Picked some pupae at work, then fed the damn mosquitoes on my arm...let me tell you, it was an exercise in self control and overcoming one of my great fears in life, mosquitoes biting me. I'm sure I've discussed it in the blog before, but a fateful trip one summer to Michigan left me forever scarred from the bird-size mosquitoes that would hunt you down at all hours of the day and night. The past 5, almost 6, years of my life in the lab have been spent overcoming this childhood aversion to that minute, blood-sucking, insect.
Now enjoying a little cup of day-old coffee in my beautiful sunny, airy, cozy living room before heading over to Uncle Kevins house for some delicious waffles and sausage and whatever yummy fruit is available. Oh, and whipped cream, can't forget the homemade whipped cream:)
Later today I will be testing out the new time trial bike (unfortunately not mine to keep) and then a two-three hour ride with the girls on the road course, and then a volunteer party at Pelaton for the amazing volunteers for nationals. As part of the nationals team we are being required to show up in our kits...hope they don't mind that we'll all be sweaty and gross from a ride:) I'm going to bring the camera today, so hopefully I'll have some good pics for you all to look at from this beautiful CO day!
-Megan

2 comments:

Caitlin Cassidy said...

Why on earth do you have to feed the little bastards with your own blood? That seems uncalled for. Are you really that terrible at keeping the mice alive?

mcassidy25 said...

Ha! No! I just have to make sure they eat and survive...it's critical at this point. These mosquitoes only feed on humans in the wild so I figure to give it my best shot I have to do it all right. :)