Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday!!

Yay for today! It's almost Friday, I've already gone to class, studied for my stats exam a bit, and have a delicious dinner to look forward to tonight with excellent friends:) Yay!
I met yesterday with Dr. Black to do some analysis on the DNA sequences I have from the Tapachula populations, and also the populations we have here in the lab. We found one potential marker, and I still have a few populations to get sequences from, but it was less than we were expecting. I REALLY need to find some DNA from Martinez Torres, I swear Gustavo was working with that population...I just need to find where he put all his DNA!!! If he even had any...oh man, I should just start a cage, suck it up and do all the work. Basically, the first time I hatched mosquitoes, I didn't get enough adults from Martinez Torres, so I wasn't able to analyze the population for differences in the DNA. However, I think there are at least one or two potential important difference in the population from the ones in Tapachula, so I need to be able to look at them. This is one of the things that causes me stress at night:)

...............continued on Saturday morning...............

Thursday night ended up being BEAUCOUP fun!!!! We all headed over to Emily and Brendans for some pizza, wii, and Pineapple Express. I haven't laughed so much in ages! And, my forearm is pretty sore from wii tennis:) A little embarrassing... Caley and I had a lovely night in last night. I tried my hand at cooking some artichokes, but I think my little microwave is not as powerful as the one I grew up with and they didn't cook through as much as I would have liked, but turned out pretty good regardless. We ended up watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit on netflix, and it was great! I hadn't seen that movie since I was probably about five years old, and I think it's because it scared the crap out of me as a child:)
Today will be spent studying for my big stats exam next week...kind of nervous about it to tell the truth, I'll feel better once I look at the old exams and get a better idea of what he expects. Anyway....here is the view outside the window this morning!


1 comment:

Anna said...

Hey Megan! I just came across your blog, do you mind if I link to it on mine? I'd love to keep up with all of your racing, and can definitely sympathize with some of the grad school woes! Mine is adawgincolorado.blogspot.com. :) Hope you had a good weekend!
Anna