Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Brain-Fried

Just met with Dr. Black for two hours following a two hour lecture on genetic control strategies for disease vectors. Talk about not having any mental strength left for anything but writing about how I lack mental strength. Oh, and I also turned in a take home exam today that I spent ALL of yesterday writing.

This past weekend we were Durango for a few bike races. Weather was cold, rainy, snowy, and at times lovely, sunny, and warm. According to Dan, this is all due to some volcano erupting and seeding clouds. Not sure if that's actually what's going on, but the weather has been rather unstable, even for CO. I ended up 7th in the crit and 7th in the road race, yes, consistently in the back half:) I'm not exactly looking forward to getting my butt handed to me at nationals. As long as the other girls have resigned themselves to the fact that I will not be a factor we should be ok...just don't want the guilt of feeling like I should be contributing and attacking or some such nonsense;)
It was nice to be at home and see the fam for a few days, they are super busy all weekend taking care of everyone, but we get a few moments to visit. It's weird growing up and getting the boot. Lately I've been getting the boot on some things I'd rather not, like security deposits, blue-ice packs, care packages (I guess that happened awhile ago but I wanted my complaint list to be longer). Anyway, weird, and I'm bad at changing life circumstances. It's amazing I actually took the initiative and got someone to sub-let the apartment and that I'm thinking of moving across the country sometime in the next couple of years.
Here's a pic from the weekend, stolen from Caley...he has a better camera and skillz.

No comments: