Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A brief update on the Job Search

-REI stopped hiring about a week before I applied :( sadness

-I got blown off by some guy who didn't know what he was talking about at Whole Foods, and I should have just asked to see the hiring manager for the department right then and there...but I was sad and overwhelmed, so I did not.

-I went to the "observation day" at Clean Water Action and lasted until about 8pm, at which point I called Caley to come pick me up. I simply cannot bring myself to ask people for money three or more times after they have already said no and their dinner is getting cold on their plates. Bleah. Hopefully won't live to regret this decision when I can't find anything else....

-Since I'm not a student, I don't qualify for a desk job in the NR department...

-A cashier position at Ace hardware sounds like it will only be temporary through the holidays. This makes me sad, first of all that it wouldn't even be full time then, and then that I would miss all of the holidays with family, and then that I wouldn't have a job after the 1st of January.

-Sunflower Farmers market sounded promising, but I haven't heard back from them...probably have to go in today or tomorrow and just check in.

-The biologist position application is in the giant black box of government hiring...no idea who I would even contact about this position, and it sounds like a computer is the one giving me a "score" on compatibility and they only interview the top three scoring applications. BS. So inhuman.

-Starbucks application is in. I have no barista experience, but could definitely learn, and they're another one of those pretty cool companies to work for as far as support and environmental awareness etc. I'll have to ask a friend of mine who used to work there to be a reference :)

-Applied to Jax Outdoor Gear this morning, will drop off a resume to them this afternoon.

-Applied to some babysitting job that pays $10/hr...hopefully I can just get in for a few days to make some food money for January. Caley and I figured out that we can pay rent through January, but then would only have $475.00 combined for living expenses for a whole month...rice and beans anyone?

-Going to apply to Miramont gyms today and maybe some coffee shops downtown.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Bryn, Kearney, and Dustin said...

Don't give-up hope yet my old roomie! By the way, how ARE you?