Sunday, December 14, 2008

Imagination Procrastination

So, I think one might be able to tell my level of slacking by the number and frequency of blog posts. I'm sitting in the lovely Cafe Ardour, supposedly preparing for my Vector Biology final exam. I actually got an A on the lab practical portion, which is awesome! Not much I can do to change my grade either up or down at this point. I suppose I could drop it lower significantly, but not increase it all that much. I'm sure I'll end up with a B. Not bad considering I just don't care about the bugs! It's interesting, and the parasitology part was interesting as well, but I just can't be passionate about it like some of the kids in my class. There are two girls in my class (well, three actually) that are entomologists to begin with and Dr. Black loves them, I think he's disappointed that I don't ask more questions and engage in the material. I feel bad about that because he's essentially providing for me the next year and half, but at the same time, I tried to get away from the mosquitoes! I tried to get into another program here at CSU and if fell through, and now I'm suffering for my choice to just stay put where I've been the past four and a half years of my life. I'm trying to get my head around it and have a better attitude since my life situation is pretty sweet, but I end up feeling guilty that I haven't put my best effort into my work because I hate it so much, and end up unhappy about everything!
Oh well, Christmas break is almost here and I will be leaving without looking back. Hopefully to return refreshed and ready to buckle down and get this thing over with!

No comments: