Saturday, July 14, 2012

My First Day of the Tour!!!!

Caley and I  took the train bright at early to the start town of....um....I forget....Anyway, we met up with the other Velo guys there.  Caley took off to go take some pics, and I got to watch the caravan arrive!  Talk about nuts, I took a bunch of pictures, so hopefully some of it was captured :)

We then hopped in the car and took off!  It was soooo cool, we got to drive the course in front of the riders, so all the roads were closed, and the fans were awesome!  Again, I took a bunch of pics and videos to try to capture it.  The big climb that day was Col du la Grand Columbiere, and it was huge!


As soon as we landed in the finish town, I took off to the train station to get myself home in time to get to the grocery store because we had invited everyone over for dinner that night!  Talk about go go go, as soon as I got home, I had to book it over to the store, did my most efficient shopping trip yet, and then back home where I am not kidding, cooked for a solid 3.5hrs until everyone arrived!  The timing was perfect though, I was finishing grilling the last few pieces of baguette as they walked in the door, and the pork loin was ready right about 30 minutes after that! Whoooo hoooo!!!

The menu:
Romesco and whole roasted garlic bulbs (is this the right term?)  with baguette
White bean salad
Pork loin with peach chutney

Unfortunately no time for dessert and I totally forgot to take pictures!

No comments: