Thursday, August 27, 2009

Broken Ankle

So, I broke my ankle. Not doing anything spectacular, it was a very slow motion fall on the mtn bike. My foot didn't clip out, and my body acted as a nice lever to snap the tip off of my fibula. A picture for your enjoyment:



Other than that, school has started, my Population Genetics class is going to be super tough, a lot of statistics and convoluted math. Hopefully I can stay on top of it seeing as my adviser is my teacher...I'm also taking Spanish again which should be fun! The teacher is really enthusiastic and seems nice. I'm taking the first year review class, it's definitely the right level for me to be in. Hopefully they won't get me into trouble for not taking the placement test and just signing up for it :)
Research is going well, I'm about ready to take the next step in both of the projects I'm working on. I think I'm going to hatch some eggs tomorrow to start my first cross between my mosquitoes and the Mexican mosquitoes. Cross your fingers that they all hatch well!!! I collected the eggs from my mosquitoes about 2-3 months ago which is the very end of their viability. Hopefully I won't lose any...another thing to keep me up at night.
I tried Vicodin (sp?) for the first time last night. It was awesome! It put me right to sleep, I didn't have any nausea and my foot felt great! I told Caley, under no circumstances is he allowed to let me get addicted to it:)
Well, off to class, hope you all are having a nice week!
-Megan

No comments: