Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Update from CA

I have been feeling exceedingly grown up the past few days out here at the conference in CA. I wear nice clothes, heels, drink wine with dinner, present on research, hobnob with world famous scientists (hours of hobnobbing=exhausting), and read the paper poolside before dinner:)
My talk yesterday went well, I was super nervous and felt like I was being unclear...but, people have complimented me, and everybody now knows who I am due to Dr. Blacks insistence on calling me Meganita and correcting anyone who calls me Megan instead :) Oh well, at least I'm not like the grad students from London, they haven't contributed anything to the discussions or given talks. Dr. Black is an awesome advisor for making me go to this thing and forcing me to present my little project (totally against my will, but I'm supremely grateful now).
I've also had a change of heart about my project. After hearing all about the whole project from everyone, and seeing how I fit in, and how much my stuff will be able to help, I feel a huge sense of accomplishment and can't wait to get home to make some real progress the rest of this summer and next school year! It really was a good thing that I had to come :)
Also, I found out I'll be going back to Tapachula late Aug....which I'm sure means I'll be missing my birthday or the first week of school or something I was looking forward to I'm sure. However, I have been thinking a lot about the last trip I was on down there and how much fun I had, and I'm actually looking forward to the coming trip! I'm not sure how long we're planning on being down there, I hate being away from home and Caley and Sebby for more than a week...I'm such a home-body.
Still looking for the picture thing dammit! I'm going to order one next week off of Amazon if it doesn't turn up as soon as I get home! In the meantime I'll take pics of my swanky digs here at the hotel, AND I get to go to the beach tomorrow since we don't have any obligations here at the conference!!!! Woooo!!!!
ciao,
Meganita :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, have you compared mosquito bites with anyone yet? Mom