Friday, June 14, 2013

Riding in Italy Courtesy of Bianchi

Caley's job is super awesome.

The beginning part of this week we spent in grand splendor at a gorgeous hotel in the hills surrounding Lake Iseo in northern Italy.

Caley had to attend informational presentations about the 2014 line of Bianchi bikes while Ramsay and I went for a ride and then luxuriated in our tower rooms.  Lunch, dinner, coffee breaks, bubbly rosé, cheese, cured meats, the CEO of Bianchi, gelato, crisp white sheets, windows opening to rolling hills of grapes, I could go on and on.

I rode with all the journos on the second day we were there and had some fun beating up on the guys who don't get to ride very much :)  I also discovered after uploading our ride to strava, that I was only about 6 minutes off the QOM (queen of the mountain) which is held by Carmen Small!  She is the daughter of my very best ski coach from childhood, and is currently kicking some serious ass in races all over.  I'll have to get in touch with her to ask what she was doing in Italy in March :)

Last night we had dinner with Caitlyn Vestal again, Zack was at a work thing, and they had moved to a house out in the country.  It was so beautiful!! We brought steaks, quail eggs, beer, and bocce.  Great fun was had out in the yard before the thunder rolled in with sheets of rain following close behind.  I'm super sad they are leaving tomorrow!!!  We have discussed plans to move into houses across the street from each other in the French countryside.

Ok, here are some pics for your viewing pleasure!




No comments: