Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I HAVE A JOB!!!

It's been awhile since I've posted here, but I figured getting a JOB might be a good enough excuse to put down some thoughts! I'll be teaching at Overland High School in Aurora, CO. Go Blazers! What is a blazer anyway? A sport coat? I'll have to find that out. Their (our) colors are Blue White and Green, pretty much the same colors as Caley's team's old kit :) I'll be teaching three sections of Biology and one of Physical Science. I think the bio will be sophomores, and the physical science will be freshman, but that's just a guess. The only step remaining is to get things squared away at the district level; I think they do another background check and make sure they have all my transcripts etc. Then I'll get an employment package in the mail with all the pertinent dates etc! Holy cow!! I'm so excited. This could not be more perfect! I'll be commuting about 45 minutes each way...although with traffic and some construction on the way back it was only 40 minutes, so without traffic early in the morning and later in the evening it shouldn't be too bad. I feel like I have all summer ahead of me now! Trying to find a job was a serious weight on my shoulders, and now all things are possible! I was also really worried that I wouldn't be able to find a job that fufilled the requirements for kstf, but this one does! So relieved, I really didn't want to have to suspend my fellowship for any amount of time.

Other happenings from this summer....
PA trip #1 for KSTF Orientation
Burlington Trip for a week with 6th graders and Caleys family, sans Caley...that was interesting :)
North Carolina Trip for Evolution in the Blue Ridge

Coming up.....
PA trip #2 for Summer meeting
Europe trip? Still have no idea if I'll be able to get over there to visit Caley. He leaves for the Tour at the end of next week, and I don't think I'll be able to go for that, but if he goes to Switzerland in Aug. I might be able to get out!
Getting back into shape...
Lesson planning! Hopefully I can get ahold of someone to give me an idea of their curriculum map etc. Yay!

Photos to come as soon as I can get a micro sd card and reader to get them...I reaaaallly don't feel like emailing every single pic I've taken this summer individually.

No comments: