Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fear Not!

I have not abandoned this blog! :)

I just realized I didn't post for the whole month of June, and more than half of the month of July! Wow! I guess that's a good thing, too busy with life and adventures than to write in a blog. What does it mean that I am now back writing? A brief hiatus from adventures I suppose :)

Let us see...a brief recap of June and July?

For the month of June and some of July I was taking classes at CSU!! I took 4 classes total, split up between two sessions. I LOVE EDUCATION CLASSES!! It has been such a relief and so refreshing to be in classes that are discussion based, and super interesting. 5.5 years of almost total science left me craving a class where the students argue and debate and get all philosophical :) I got to spend some time in classrooms in the summer school at Rocky Mountain High, and definitely learned a lot! I can't wait for more in class time next semester and I hope I can nail down a really great student teacher position for the spring. I'm still waiting on grades for one class, but so far I have one A+ and 2 A's :)

Since the end of classes, I have been babysitting for some good friends of ours. Their six month old is the cutest, chubbiest, little baby. I am becoming the nap master!! He was down for 2 hrs and 4 minutes earlier today, and I just got him down for another good one I hope :) Hopefully the thunderstorm won't wake him up!

This weekend I am signed up to take my General Science Content Knowledge exam, which is a licensing exam. I've been studying for the past couple of days, hopefully I'll be brushed up enough to pass...the test was something like $120 so I definitely don't want to have to retake it.

The rest of my time has been spent trying to get out on the bike! I've been racing at Winter Park on my mtn bike and have successfully completed two so far. I think there are two or three left in the series, one of which I will be doing the morning before driving down to visit the family in Durango!!! Caitlin enticed us there with a Michael Franti and Brett Denin concert...how nice of her! :)

Also, I QUIT SUNFLOWER!!! Yay!! I'm so glad I don't work there anymore, although we do miss the food discount :)

Anyway, pictures soon!

No comments: